Bloomsburg Public Library Internship Week 10

Week ten of my internship in the marketing department of the Bloomsburg Public Library was a mix of planning, creativity, and a reminder that even the most organized schedules can change at the last minute. 


At the beginning of the week, I submitted information about Steven C. Wright to Heart of PA, DiscoverNEPA, and Art of PA to help promote his author talk at the library. However, just a few days later, I found out that the event had to be rescheduled because he would be attending a wedding in London on the original date of June 20th. While it was a little frustrating to see that work become temporarily outdated, it was also a realistic glimpse into how often plans shift in professional environments. Flexibility is a skill I have yet to master.


Another major task this week was creating a sign-up sheet for an upcoming Landmark Story event as part of the 100 Year Celebration events happening. I titled it “Tell Your Library Story!” to make it inviting and engaging. The sheet included a short description of the event’s purpose and a clear, organized layout for participants to fill out their information. I designed three columns for full name, contact details (both phone number and email), and preferred storytelling method. I really liked incorporating options for how people could share their stories, whether speaking in front of an audience, submitting a written piece, or recording audio or video. It made the event feel more inclusive and accessible, which is something I’ve learned is really important when planning community programs and creating graphics.


One of my favorite projects this week was designing a poster for the Haunted Library event happening in October. Even though it’s months away, I learned that large events require early promotion and careful planning. I used photographs from last year’s Halloween celebration to build something visually striking. My favorite design featured a silhouette inspired by Carrie White, with the figure peeking out from a doorway surrounded by red light. I added the tagline, “Experience a New Horror Around Every Corner at Haunted Library,” in glowing red and white text. It was fun to experiment with mood, lighting, and typography to create something that feels both eerie and attention-grabbing. It was really nice to tap into my creative side.


To round out the week, I also helped hang up promotional posters for a local production of A Little Princess being performed at the high school. Overall, Week 10 taught me a lot about adaptability, thoughtful design, and the importance of early preparation. Even when plans don’t go exactly as expected, there’s always something valuable to take away from the experience… like experience itself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloomsburg Public Library Internship Week 1

Bloomsburg Public Library Internship Week 2

Bloomsburg Public Library Internship Week 8